January 28, 2009

you have the best part of me.
in your hand,
you have my heart
i think that you squeeze it in your sleep

as the darkness swells around me
when the day’s speed slows

the night begins, the moon shines
snow falls and the icy window glows

it’s 1:00 am
i’m laying in bed,
my eyes on the ceiling

the pain comes rushing in
my bed pulses with your heart beat

but it quickly passes
with the sounds of the cars on the street

my dreams are your thoughts
my feet are numb
my hands burn without yours to touch

walking home through the snow
music pounding in my ears
the melodies echoing the loss i feel
the sun beating down on me

i let myself believe for a second,
that its you i see walking up the street

my heart craving your heat
with every moment i spend loving you,
i break more and more

but things aren’t the same as before
they shouldn’t be.

i let myself believe for a second,
that it is you i see walking up the street

the wind stinging my eyes,
i keep walking hoping,
praying that i will make it through
to the end of the day.

-mbw

No comments: