December 1, 2010

a moment of hilarity

i arrived about ten minutes early to my sacred art history class and decided i would go fill up my huge, "smart water," water bottle. i'm walking down the hall of the spori basement and i finally reach the drinking fountain, a little bit uncomfortable because a really quiet girl that i have a few classes with and her strange looking husband are standing right by it. they both look at me as i start to fill the bottle and listen in on their odd conversation....

1/4th full: i'm thinking it's weird that they're so quiet. he might as well have been talking to himself, she seemed about 20 miles deep in thought, or maybe she sleeps with her eyes open, standing. strange. 

1/2 full:  wow, i really don't want to go to class. is it weird that i didn't say hi to her? she didn't say anything to me or even smile. i hope they don't think i'm rude. i really don't like being around awkward couples...or awkward people for that matter. at least not when i'm alone. 

yeah...i'm a horrible person for thinking things like that. haha.
3/4th full: the water bottle's temperature is dropping and i'm feeling so introverted that i am unsure i'll ever speak again. i haven't used my voice in about 1.2 hours.

100% full: i turn around to abruptly find one of the two men in my art history class standing right there, a little bit too close, waiting for the water fountain. 

*don't forget! i was totally in my own little world, i had NO CLUE he was there.

"whoa! sorry..." i say to him.

no response....

this guy is weird. he has that whole brooding, quiet, smart, slightly creepy, tall, looming vibe down to a tee and he was staring right into my eyes.

i quickly side step around him and walk back to class, a smile growing on my face and quickly giving birth to a chuckle and soon i'm down right cracking up.

haha. wow...it was so funny i was laughing to myself in front of ANOTHER girl that i have multiple classes with. i bet she thought i was crazy too...maybe she's blogging about me like i am about him...

i'll check...

her laptop is out...hmmm. it's possible.
i'm thirsty, good thing i filled up my water bottle.

No comments: